Vendors Selected for the Gartner “Cool Vendor” Report Are Recognized as Innovative, Impactful and Intriguing
Hunt Valley, Md. – May 7, 2013 – Oculis Labs, a developer of security software that protects computers from visual data leakage,solutions, today announced has been included in the list of “Cool Vendors” in the “Cool Vendors in Privacy” report by Gartner, Inc. Gartner defines a Cool Vendor as a vendor that offers technologies or solutions that are innovative, impactful and intriguing.
With the increasing rate of adoption of mobility-enabling technologies including virtual desktops and BYOD, people and organizations are experience increasing levels of serious privacy breach. Traditional security tools like VPN and encryption stop at the network edge and fail to protect privacy in the real world. Oculis Labs’ PrivateEye solution uniquely fills the need to protect information wherever and whenever it is being viewed – on laptops in a coffee shop, tablets in the airport and smartphones everywhere.
“Our inclusion in the Gartner Cool Vendor report is confirmation that the market is ready for a better approach to securing data privacy,” said Bill Anderson, CEO at Oculis Labs. “We looked at the gaps left by conventional security tools and found a great opportunity to use computer vision technology to protect against threats in the real world. Our PrivateEye product delivers display privacy and gives organizations the tools they need to ensure compliance with regulations.”
Our latest release of PrivateEye Enterprise includes these main features:
- Screen Protection – Automatically protects the screen whenever the user looks away from it. Instantly clears it when the user looks back.
- Policy Management – Enables administrators to manage licenses and security policies with Microsoft Group Policy.
- Citrix Ready – Now verified ready for Citrix XenDesktops
- Power Savings – Save up to 30% power annually with user-aware power management.
- Eavesdropper Prevention – Detects and/or protects whenever eavesdroppers try to read a display.
- Incident Capture – Captures and timestamps pictures of anyone attempting to eavesdrop over a user’s shoulder. Enables detection and mitigation of social engineering threats.
About Oculis Labs
Oculis Labs, headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland, develops data privacy software that secures the last two feet of the Internet – the distance from the computer screen to a user’s eyes. The company’s products protect valuable information displayed on mobile and desktop computers from unintended viewers. Today the company offers PrivateEye for consumers and the enterprise and Chameleon for government and military users. These two solutions safeguard all displayed information from visual eavesdropping. For more information, visit www.oculislabs.com.
Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
* Gartner “Cool Vendors in Privacy” by Carsten Casper, Andrew Frank, Monica Basso, April 24 2013.